I encourage my readers and viewers to learn more about the Alpha Course. Alpha is a great way to put into action all that we learn through in-depth Bible study; Alpha is a tool for mobilising men and women to present the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost. God is blessing the Alpha approach to evangelism, we see that in the millions of people who have attended an Alpha Course worldwide and have given their life to Christ.
– Joyce Meyer, Bible teacher and best-selling author
The Alpha Course provides a place for people to ask questions and find answers. I warmly commend it to those wanting to explore deeper issues of life and faith.
– The Most Rev'd Thabo Makhoba, Archbishop Of Cape Town
What Alpha has to offer is a unique mixture of Christian content and Christian style. I recommend it to all the Christian family as a very special tool of evangelism.
– The Most Rev'd Rowan Williams, Archbishop Of Canterbury
Alpha Courses ... are opportunities to strengthen ecumenical togetherness among Christians, and a joint proclamation of faith in Christ in today's world.
– Cardinal Walter Kasper, President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
How to ... embrace those millions of people who may be totally indifferent to Church Christianity? That is where Alpha comes in to help the Church.
– Metropolitan Philaret of Minsk and Sluzk, Patriarchal Exarch of all Belarus
The Alpha Course has shown across the world ... that it can be a most effective tool for evangelisation. It is with much enthusiasm that we in the Catholic Church embrace and support the Alpha initiative and we encourage all Christians to work together in spreading the good news through this medium to the glory of God our Father.
– The Most Rev'd Buti Tlhagale, Catholic Archbishop of Johannesburg, S.Africa
I want to praise God for Alpha. The Alpha Course provides the foundation on which faith can be developed, nurtured and shared. It is my prayer that this ministry will re-energise the Church of Christ.
– The Most Rev'd Henry Orombi, Archbishop of Uganda
What Alpha gives and communicates renews the life of the church and opens up the path of faith to people who before were not open to it.
– Cardinal Philippe Barbarin, Archbishop of Lyon, France
Real education ... Christian companionship ... a living experience of the mystery of God. I am so grateful for Alpha Courses.
– The Rt. Rev'd Richard Chartres, Bishop of London, UK
Many of our Catholic parishioners have benefited from the Alpha program ... I am grateful for the efforts of those who seek to assist with this important work.
– Cardinal Sean O'Malley, Archbishop of Boston, USA
The Alpha Course has now become one of the most reliable and important means of drawing people into the church. It has enormous potential.
– Alister McGrath, President of the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics, UK
Alpha has developed a reputation as an inspirational programme of Christian education and formation, producing excellent results and having a long-lasting and positive effect for those who participate and beyond. I pray that this force for good in our world, so necessary to counteract all that is contrary to the gospel, may continue to grow and develop.
– The Most Rev'd Sean Brady, Catholic Archbishop of Armagh, N.Ireland
A new source of grace has appeared in our midst – Alpha strives to make the great message of Christianity accessible to all levels in our contemporary society.
– The Most Rev'd John Dew, Catholic Archbishop of Wellington, New Zealand
I consider that the Alpha Course is one of the key and accessible tools [for evangelisation] of our times. It meets the need of all humanity to find the meaning and purpose of life in the person of Jesus Christ ... and leads to being part of a community of believers who together discover, live, grow and share the good news of the gospel.
– The Rev'd Mons. Pedro Barreto Jimeno, Archbishop of Huancayo, Peru
I recognise the value of the Alpha Course in helping people explore and strengthen their faith. I warmly commend it.
– The Most Rev'd Brian Davis, Primate and Archbishop, Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia
News of Alpha has been spreading fast and many churches are becoming eager to learn more of its content and method, and what it might do in energising the life and mission of our parishes. I already know Alpha to be a remarkably effective course.
– Cardinal Thomas Williams, Archdiocese of Wellington, New Zealand
An Alpha Course is one of the great ways at the present time in which people can gather together to learn from one another, to share with one another, and to deepen in their knowledge and love of Jesus Christ himself.
– Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Catholic Archbishop of St Andrews & Edinburgh, UK
Alpha is well and truly established in Sydney (indeed Australia-wide). Many have found their participation life changing. I am pleased to commend it.
– The Most Rev'd R. H. Goodhew, Archbishop of Sydney, Australia
Alpha is an effective and proven means to invite men and women to know and understand in a personal way who Jesus is.
– Rt Rev'd John Boissonneau, Catholic Auxiliary Bishop of Toronto, Canada
Reports I hear about Catholic Alpha are always enthusiastically positive. Catholics find that their faith really comes alive and that they want to share it with others, especially with those who have drifted away from the faith. I am happy to encourage Catholic Alpha as a modem and effective form of evangelization.
– The Most Rev'd B.J. Hickey, Catholic Archbishop of Perth, Western Australia
From all I have seen of Alpha, it is the most marvellous tool for evangelisation ... and Alpha serves to bring faith alive and to me that is the most important thing in the world.
– Rt Rev'd Thomas McMahon, Catholic Bishop of Brentwood, UK
Bishops tend to spend quite a lot of time going around Anglican churches confirming people and the number of people who have become Christians through Alpha Courses is far and away the story you most often hear.
– Rt Rev'd David Gillet, Bishop of Bolton, UK
Alpha has proved itself to be an effective way of exploring faith and deepening commitment to Jesus as Lord. I commend it warmly.
– The Rt. Rev'd Nigel Mcculloch, Bishop of Wakefield, UK & Chairman of the Decade of Evangelism Steering Group
This is the first time ever that the very same course is being used by every Christian church in pretty well every country in the world. That is an incredible achievement. It's very hard to think that it is anything other than a work of the Spirit in which we should rejoice.
– The Rt. Rev'd Ambrose Griffiths Osb, Bishop of Hexham and Newcastle, UK
In my opinion Alpha accomplishes an incredible task, in making people interested in faith and in making faith relevant to the modern man. I especially appreciate the ecumenical spirit of the Alpha Course: There is no pressure on anybody to join a different denomination, but just to join Jesus and to put Jesus at the centre.
– Father Raniero Cantalamessa, Preacher to the Papal Household
The Alpha Course has been of enormous value to churches in strengthening fellowship and increasing effective evangelism in the local community.
– Revd David Coffey, President of the Baptist World Alliance
Alpha opens the door ... for the sharing, caring, praying community which is exemplary of the church in action.
– Dr. Desmond Tutu, Former Archbishop of Cape Town, S.Africa
It's great to see how Alpha has been used to reach people with the good news of Jesus Christ, who wouldn't normally come to church. Alpha is one of the most effective evangelism tools for the 21st century ... and is very complementary to helping seekers connect with The Purpose Driven Life.
– Dr. Rick Warren, Senior Pastor, Saddleback Church, USA
Alpha is one of the best known evangelistic programs in the world. I don't think anybody rejoices more in its effectiveness than I do ... We applaud the vision and work of Alpha to connect the unconnected to the life of the local church and to relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Bill Hybels, Senior Pastor, Willow Creek Community Church, USA
The Alpha Course is an excellent program for all churches everywhere.
– Rev David Yonggi Cho, Senior Pastor, Yoido Full Gospel Church, S.Korea
Alpha is easily the best Christian foundation course I know of. We found it exciting, easy to grasp and practical – excellent!
– Paul Mercy, Assistant General Superintendent, Assemblies of God
Koreans have adopted a Western lifestyle: there exists a prevalent individualism and a self-centred way of thinking. As a result we are experiencing a break down of family life and community. Alpha is a wonderful tool for evangelism in this post-modern society. I am willing to recommend the Alpha Course, which will give the Korean church a good opportunity to grow effectively and dynamically, spreading the Kingdom of God.
– Senior Pastor Rev'd. Billy Kim, Suwon Baptist Church, President for Far East Broadcasting Co, Korean President for World Baptist Alliance
I know of many people whose lives have been transformed through the Alpha Course. I rejoice at how God is using it so powerfully to renew many churches both inside and outside prison walls.
– Charles Colson, Chairman, Prison Fellowship International
The great command to make disciples of all people is still relevant today. Alpha provides us with a contemporary response to 'cringe-free' evangelism which deserves the increasing profile it is currently receiving.
– Joel Edwards, General Director, Evangelical Alliance
Alpha has been key to what God is doing in Baghdad. We now have five Alpha courses in Baghdad ... it is incredible what God is doing.
– Canon Andrew White, President of the Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East & Vicar of St George's, Baghdad, Iraq
Alpha has been extremely successful in the military. There are courses in Army bases, RAF stations, Naval stations, all over the country. There are also courses running in operational environments.
– Major General Tim Cross, President of British Armed Forces Christian Union
I have met many unlikely people from different backgrounds who have been profoundly changed through attending this course.
– Jackie Pullinger-To, St Stephen's Society, Hong Kong
Alpha – not just the first letter of the Greek alphabet, but first choice for an illuminating perspective on Christianity. An ideal follow up course for missions.
– J. John, Evangelist, UK
I support the work that Alpha is undertaking within the Armed Forces, which is vital; it is reinforcing the values that are instilled through the Christian faith, which are very important to men and women, particularly to those who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice.
– Lieutenant General Sir Alistair Irwin, Adjutant General of the British Army
I firmly believe Alpha is a gift of God to the church in this day and give thanks for its continued success in bringing people into a relationship with Jesus. As part of the national evangelism team in the Methodist church, I will be offering Alpha as a key tool within any church mission programme.
– Revd Ashley Cooper, National Evangelist, Methodist Church, UK
Alpha is a true beginning for the delights that are inherent in a relationship with Christ.
– Baroness Scotland of Asthal QC, UK
Alpha is the most effective and transferable introductory course to the Christian faith that I know.
– Steve Chalke, The Oasis Trust, UK
Statistically, Alpha is the most effective evangelism tool being used in the Salvation Army United Kingdom Territory today.
– Major Mike Caffull, Church Growth & Planned Giving Ministries Officer, Salvation Army
Alpha is a soul winning, discipling, multiplying, spiritually dynamic ministry that has already touched the lives of thousands. I believe this vision will continue to expand and truly become an international blessing.
– Loren Cunningham, Co-Founder of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)
Alpha was the right tool at the right time – it's given me hope. I've been in church a lot of years, I've been pastoring a lot of years, and I'm seeing now what I've wanted to see my entire life – people radically transformed.
– Phil Jeansonne, Senior Pastor, Vineyard Fellowship Church, New Orleans, USA
Alpha is such a simple concept it's like ”Gosh why didn't we think of this before?” But that's the genius of it, it's simple enough that anyone can do it. It's about releasing the whole church to recognise that they can do evangelism just by inviting their friends.
– Mike Pilavachi, Founder, Soul Survivor, UK
This church has used Alpha for about five years and scores of people have been touched and transformed by the Spirit of Jesus Christ through the program.
– Dr Thomas A. Erickson, Senior Pastor National Presbyterian Church, Washington D.C
God has used the Alpha Ministry in a significant way to reach the seeking pre-Christians of England. We, in an increasingly secularised North America, have much we can learn from the Alpha leaders about the principles that have enabled them to reach a biblically illiterate generation.
– Leighton Ford, Leighton Ford Ministries, USA
I see Alpha as a strategic tool, sensitively crafted to address today's secularised seekers with satisfying answers to their spiritual hunger. I recommend Alpha to all pastors wanting to equip their people for new-millennium effectiveness in evangelism.
– Jack W. Hayford, Pastor, The Church On The Way and President, The Kings Seminary, USA
Alpha is a well-designed, implemental program that addresses the basic questions of life for the churched and unchurched alike. The course meets the vital test of being both open and faithful – welcoming of all, while presenting the gospel message with clarity and power.
– George Gallup Jr, Chairman, The George H. Gallup International Institute
Alpha is one of the best ways I know to introduce your neighbours and friends to the life-giving message of Jesus for all peoples. I recommend it highly.
– Richard J. Foster, Author